We all have those times that we just need to throw on a little make up and get out the door. Either we’re running late, have an appointment or don’t want to look like a bag lady to run to the grocery store. I am not a huge make up girl, while I enjoy it, I’ve never been one to ace a smokey eye or have perfectly contoured cheeks. However, I can pull myself together thanks to some tips and products I’ve discovered over the years and most recently thanks to my favorite YouTube gals.
Here is my 5 minute routine
1. Start with a good base. Clinique Foundation is a dream product. It has medium coverage and leaves a beautiful, natural finish on the skin. I always apply with a damp beauty blender. <–one minute and you have an even complexion ready for a few additions. Add concealer if needed.
2. Next, time for some color. I have a few go-to blushes that never fail (Nars Orgasam and Bobbi Brown Pale Pink blush) but am currently obsessed with Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush. The product mixes gorgeous pinks with a hint of highlight. So, so good for looking really fresh. My favorite is Ethereal Glow.
3. From there, add either a pop of bronzer on the hollows of your cheeks and temple or go with a highlighter. In the summer, I tend to have a bit of color (though I always wear sunscreen!) so I love highlight. Add a touch to the top of your cheekbones, inner corner of your eyes and right under your brow. No need for eyeshadow!
4. Time to talk eyes. Some girls prefer eyeliner and mascara combo, while others stick to just mascara. Whatever you fancy and based on the seconds left on the clock, do what works but don’t forget the eyelash curler. I know we are against the clock, but I have learned that having the right products and tools are just as important as what you put on. Take two seconds and curl followed by a curling/lengthening mascara. Right now I am using Better than Sex, but also love Benefit’s They’re Real and Maybelline Full and Soft.
5. Give your lips a hit of color with a lip gloss or use a lip crayon and top with basic balm. Adding some color or shine to your lip can totally change the look of your face. I find it makes me look younger and more awake. I’ve recently been obsessed with lip liners from Bite. I thought it was a silly step, but in seconds you define your lips and can even fill them in. I top my liner with a liquid lipstick from Melted for long wear. Pick an easy color that is similar to your natural lip color so you don’t need to fuss or worry with application.
There you have it! My 5 minute makeup routine to get you out the door lickity split without much hassle, but still looking great! Who doesn’t love time savers?
What are some of your favorite products?
Any other get ready quick tips?