It’s no secret that I’m deeply in love with my son. But it’s also no secret that becoming a parent changes things, a bit.
Yesterday, while watching a YouTube video while brushing my teeth before bed, I had to chuckle at a few points about being bored. The video was about a night time routine and all of the events the girl goes through once she gets home. It got me thinking, my life was so different from the girl’s and has changed mainly since becoming a parent.
Here are eight things I haven’t done since becoming a parent:
- Come home and sit down. If someone figures out how to find more time in the day, let me know. Until then, we’re off and running in the small windows I get with Mitch.
- Skip dinner in favor of a bowl of popcorn or scrambled eggs. I love our daily ritual of sitting down to dinner as a family. But it sure makes it hard to eat those meals that were once a mainstay in my single life.
- Enjoy Netflix marathons. One episode is a victory. Two shows and I’m probably asleep on the couch.
- Drink more than one glass of wine. It doesn’t matter what you do, your child will be up at the same time the next day.
- Stay up as late as I want. See above.
- Have a day with no plans. I swear, not only the day-to-day,but my son’s social calendar is putting mine to shame. He is two. TWO!
- Enjoying daylight saving. Parents don’t get to enjoy the extra hour. Ha. That’s a good one.
- Leave the house with my purse filled with toys and snacks. Ok, this one isn’t all that different.
Of course, this is all in fun. But it certainly made me think about how different life is and how, in turn, I spend my time as a mom.
Tell me, what is something different now that you’re a parent.