This recipe for Caramel Apple Slice Pops is a fresh take on traditional favorite fall treat, in an easy to enjoy version! Caramel apples are a staple at the orchard, but can now be enjoyed at home in under 10 minutes. Perfect for your fall parties, these sweet treats are the perfect addition to your gatherings!
Apple season is in full swing. While pumpkin tends to sweep the nation this time of year, apples reign supreme in my book. Whether they’re enjoyed as a snack, made into pie, sauteed, or pureed to apple sauce, I rarely find an apple I don’t love. In fact, I have eaten an apple a day for as long as I can remember. And while this particular spin may not keep the doctor away, it is a fun treat for the season!
Caramel apples are my favorite orchard find. Something about the combination of sweet, crisp apples with the deep flavor of sticky caramel does it for me. Add in a few toppings and I’m in heaven.
The issue with caramel apples is they’re huge, sticky and once the caramel is gone on the outside, the fun comes to an end. (I feel the same way about sprinkles on ice cream and am determined to find a way to make them last through the entire cone.) With caramel apple slices, the struggle is gone as each pop offers a sweet treat that can be enjoyed on the go with the perfect ratio of apple to toppings – they’re winners.
While they are tasty, they’re also easy and ridiculously cute, right?! I am thinking of hosting a girls night and having each girl make their own pop by decorating as they’d like. The pops would be great for any party; made ahead of time or as an activity.
CARAMEL APPLE SLICE POPS
- 4 medium-size apples, washed
- 15- 20 caramels, unwrapped
- pop sticks
- toppings (nuts, sprinkles, chocolate morsels or melted into a drizzle)
- Wash your apples and dry
- Slice apples into 1/2 – 3/4 inch slices and lay on a flat board side-by-side.
- Pat apples dry with paper towel to remove excess moisture.
- Pierce apples with sticks and place on wax or parchment paper.
- Unwrap caramels and place in a glass bowl.
- Set up your work station inclusive of a drizzle tool (I used a fork) and toppings.
- Place glass bowl in the microwave and warm caramels for 30 seconds at a time. Stir between intervals until all of the caramels are melted and smooth.
- Place fork into the caramel and hold 12 inches above apples. Drizzle the caramel in any formation you like, I went with a left to right and back again approach.
- Quickly add your toppings before the caramel dries.
- Rewarm your caramel if it starts to thicken as it will glob onto your apples.
5 suggestions to help ensure perfect Caramel Apple Slice Pops:
- Cut thick apple slices so the stick stays secure1. Approximately 1/2 – 3/4 inch thick works great.
- Make sure to pat down the apples to soak up any extra apple juice.
- Allow the caramel to cool slightly and then work quickly!
- Ensure your stick is pushed into the apple 1/2- 3/4 of the way through without piercing the apple.
- I also recommend that you make them & eat them in the same day. The longer they sit the greater the chance for a weeping caramel apple slice, which will cause the yummy coating to break or slide off in some areas.
I’ve decided that these Caramel Apple Slice Pops are the easiest way to enjoy this special fall dessert! They make great party treats and are a simple twist on a favorite fall classic recipe that everyone can enjoy!
What is your favorite topping?
Favorite fall food at the orchard?