Happy Friday, friends!
After a bit more work (hopefully only another hour or two), Phil and I are headed north for the weekend to take our pregnancy photos. I am super excited and have been looking forward to this for months.
I actually wasn’t sure if I wanted to do photos at first – did I really want pictures of me and a big belly? But once I became pregnant, saw the first ultra sound and made a bond with this little one, I suddenly realized what a special time this is in all of our lives and I am excited to capture the beautiful moment and the excitement that Phil and I share as we count down to September.
Speaking of to-dos before baby, I recently received my Erin Condren planner and spent a solid three hours playing, planning and prepping. I will defiantly be sharing a full review soon as I am really loving the planner.
I’ve always been a list girl. There’s something oddly therapeutic about putting an organized to-do list. I’m an EXTREMELY visual person, so lists help me visually understand what needs to be accomplished. And I love crossing something off the to-do list. So therapeutic!
Naturally, I started to write down everything that we would like to do before Baby G arrives. Here is a look at what I have so far:
We worked really hard to get the nursery in a good place. Of course, there is more to do decorating-wise, but the main parts are there.
put together crib
Get chair and put in room(our chair was delivered on Tuesday and I think someone is already a fan)
The chair is not a wrinkled mess, it actually has a slip cover and that had the wrinkles. But after two days they have all fallen out.
Finish baby registry Paint nursery Decorate nursery
- Install car seat
- Put together baby gear
- Wash baby clothing and bedding
- Hang curtains
- Hang the rest of the decor
- Figure out Phil’s paternity leave
- Buy any missing items post-shower
- Build Baby G’s closet
- Set-up bassinet
- Find a pediatrician
- Read up on breastfeeding
- Learn how to swaddle
- Learn more about cloth diapering (we are going to give this a go once babe is out of the newborn stage. I am actually pretty excited to try and have heard it is not as difficult as it seems. Still, I want to do more research.)
Finish outdoor landscaping Replace outdoor lights Clean out drawers, closets and everything in between
- Deep clean house (Sept.)
- Make meals and freeze
- Clean out basement
- Organize master bathroom
LABOR & DELIVERY
- Tour hospital/delivery wing
- Pre-register at hospital
- Pack bag for hospital
- Line up dog sitter
- Make a call list for when things start to happen!
- Take preggo pictures – taking tomorrow!
- Date nights with Phil
- Have a spa day
- Read for pleasure
- Buy nursing bras and/or tanks
- Write baby shower thank you notes
- Figure out time off from blog and/or plan posts ahead of time
- Schedule hair appointment for September for me and Henry, too
AFTER BABY ARRIVES
- Add Baby G to our health insurance plan
- Set up a college savings account
- Learn to survive on little to no sleep 😉
Thanks to our baby shower, we were able to knock a few projects off the list already. Nothing like visitors to make you get your act in gear! And next weekend we are working on the nursery in full swing again. I am hoping to knock a few more items off of the list!
What are your plans for the weekend?
Are you a planner or do you wing it?
Anything else we should add?
Moms, what were your final weeks of pregnancy like? Any advice?