Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. While I understand there are varying opinions on the day, I view it as a fun way to spread a little extra love. Who can be mad at that?
Phil shows his love in household chores – definitely an acts of service love language. I tend to show my love with my words and gifts. Valentine’s is an opportunity to spoil him a bit.
Here are some of the gifts that I have gifted to Phil or plan to soon (shhh!).
1. Valentine’s is a great way to add small touches that have a big impact. A great tie is always appreciated and can be a fun way to give a gift that’s practical and turn it into a treat. For me, classic always wins. But go with what your guy likes.
2. Adding to a collection is always a shoo-in. Phil loves a good beer, but he also likes a Moscow Mule. The copper mugs are a perfect gift. Package them with the drink ingredients and your set.
3. A water bottle. Several years ago, Phil asked for a reusable water bottle and has fallen in love with the Kleen Kanteen. It is super durable, washes up great and is lightweight. S’well is another great product, and you know my love for the Yeti. You seriously can’t go wrong. Guys love this stuff – go figure.
4. This is for the guy who likes good grooming. Phil got into shaving with great products a few years back and is now hooked on The Art of Shaving. The starter kit is a perfect way to experience the line of products and see what you like. Now that Phil has a full kit, I can add to it or replace items for a simple gift idea!
5. Girls aren’t the only one who like getting chocolate on Valentine’s Day! If your man has a serious sweet tooth these gourmet caramels may be right up his alley. I also love the fun name.
6. Good jeans. AMIRIGHT? The struggle is not just for women. We’ve all seen guys with jeans that fall short for one reason or another. Phil is tall and thin, which can be an issue, but Banana Republic offers a wide variety of styles, washes and lengths making the shopping process easy. Phil likes to have both a casual look and wash and also dark for times when we go out or need to look pulled together. And the fabric is great quality and soft.
7. Small, thoughtful treats, notes or gestures. I believe good things come in small packages.
8. A frame. If your guy is a family guy, or you love to showcase a great selfie, a picture frame with a sentimental photo is the way to his heart. Phil asked for an updated family photo for work. I know I can print one off and pair it with a frame for a quick gift that will pull at the emotional heartstrings. <—My favorite kind of gift.
Do you celebrate Valentine’s Day?
What are you getting your special someone this year?
Did any of the items from my list catch your eye?