Today I am doing an updated Sunkissed Summer Tag because it is one of the most searched and highest viewed posts here on BB! Crazy, right?! (You can see last years SKS post.)
Here we go for 2015!
1. What is your go-to product for a sun kissed summer glow? (bronzer, self tanner, etc.)
I have been loving Jergens Natural Glow, Firming and Daily Moisturizer. I’ve never been into self tanner, but this lotion gives just a hint of color to even out your skin and gives the appearance of being sun kissed.
2. What book would you recommend for a summer read?
This year I picked up Girl on a Train and just finished The Longest Ride. I tend to opt for romance and suspense during the summer and non-fiction during the colder months.
3. What’s your signature summer scent this year?
Anything that smells of peonies or summer (think fresh or coconut). Some times I use my sea salt spray in my hair and call it good because the scent is so light and fresh I don’t need anything else. I also love to use the L’Occitane Almond products that leave a subtle hint of scent.
4. The sun is shining and it’s time to get outside! What’s your favorite thing to do?
If Mitch is awake we love to go on walks. If he is napping or down for the night, I love to sit on our front porch with Phil and enjoy coffee or wine and rock in our chairs. We also love to visit the farmers market and beach.
5. You’re on the boardwalk and your stomach is grumbling. What’s your go-to summer beach food?
I always go for watermelon and ice cream. They scream summer! (PS!! My newsletter going out this Friday, is all about my favorite watermelon recipes. Be sure to sign up so you don’t miss it!)
6. Sunscreen is always important, but it’s a MUST in summer! What’s your favorite? (Face, body, or both)
My daily face lotion has SPF, so if I am headed out to run errands, I just go with that. If I am going to the beach, I go for Coola – but honestly, I’d put on almost anything to avoid a burn.
7. After a day in the summer sun and heat, what do you do to cool off?
A nice cold shower, putting on a fresh outfit and then wandering back outside to grill.
8. How do you wear your hair in the summer? (down, ponytail, ombre, dip dye, etc.)
I always add in a few highlights and then wear it down with waves (either natural or sometimes I add in some curls). And this year I am loving fun styles like braids and hair bands to change up the look.
9. Must-have nail polish for summer 2014?
White! I just got a mani/pedi with my sister and we both went for white nails and coral toes. At first I wasn’t sure if I would like white (maybe it reminded me of when I would use white out in junior high), but it is so clean and gorgeous. I love the look!
10. Sometimes it just feels good to chill out and watch Netflix. What shows/movies do you recommend for summer?
During the summer we lay off of TV quite a bit. But if we do watch it is House of Cards, hands down. And now that Dawson’s Creek is on reruns that happens with a bowl of popcorn and aforementioned vino.
11. Do you wear liquid foundation, BB cream, or tinted moisturizer in the summer?
I rock a tinted moisturizer year round. I find it gives great coverage, evens my skin tone and is super low maintenance. Laura Mercier is one of my favorites. Olay also has a great moisturizer with a hint of color. I have also heard great things about Clinique’s new foundation, which I am excited to try next!
12. It’s super bright outside! Do you reach for sunglasses or a hat?
13. What is your summer jam this year?
I am not sure that I have a summer song this year. Humm, that is possibly a first.
14. Do you have a summer bucket list? If so, share some things on the list.
Yes! I am so excited to be on our first vacation with Mitchell! And we are visiting our wedding venue for our sixth wedding anniversary. We went strawberry picking, to the farmers market and Tulip Festival. I am hoping to take Mitch on a hike, on a bike ride and a dip in the water as well!
15. Bikini, tankini, or one piece? Show us your fave bathing suit this year!
16. Summer means heat… and sweat! What’s your favorite sweat proof product this year? (Skincare, makeup, anything!)
Great hats, watermelon and water.
17. Summer wouldn’t be complete without a scoop (or two) of ice cream! If you could create your own ice cream flavor, what would it be?
Something that had cookie dough, sprinkles, strawberries, chocolate and peanut butter cups. Oh, and caramel ribbons are good, too! But the other day I had a German Chocolate Cake ice cream that was to die for (chocolate, coconut flakes, caramel ribbon and brownie pieces). Is is possible I just tasted heaven.
Your turn! Answer three of the questions from above.
If you want to jump in on the tag, just link back to this post so I can see all of your answers!